Thursday, March 22, 2007

spring +

Yesterday was the official first day of Spring. I am so relieved. I enjoy winter, I like the snow & I really don't mind the cold, I actually prefer it over being too hot. You can always put clothes on but most of the time you can only take so many off. Compared to the people around me I am usually hot when they aren't. I have a cousin and a sister like this too, only worse. My sister has been known to shovel snow in shorts & filp-flops. But spring is a nice mild season, I can't wait for the green to start showing...oh and the flowers, of course.
Today is my mothers 70th birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!I love you! Shes a great mom, we've had our moments, but I couldn't ask for more. She is simply beautiful & young at heart. People are amazed at her age. I am the youngest of the 7 children she gave birth to. She has a lot to celebrate this year. Not only because its a milestone birthday but she has been battling cancer for the past year. It was a long hard road for her. BUT she is now cancer free. Thank God. I hope she has a fabulous day today, she deserves it.
(She bought me that Orchid some time ago. I'm so excited that's its blooming. It hasn't since she gave it to me. YIPEE! I usually kill plants, I'm so happy this one is making it.)

No comments: